Sunday, October 26, 2008

The World Series

Click to play Game 2
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


Wow...The Rays in the World Series! Would you ever have believed it Sports Fans??
Dean headed down to St. Pete to take his 88 year old mom to the World Series Game 2. Coach Ray Hughes, from Aucilla Christian Academy, who coached Bobby Thigpen in high school, and our good friend from church, went with Dean. As did a contingent of baseball fans from Monticello, including another birthday celebration for Ricky Finlayson, who celebrated his tenth at the Trop.

Ray actually caught a foul ball, and the usually reticent, shy coach from ACA, went absolutely wild!! He brought the picture to church this morning to show EVERYONE!!
Next to Dean's mom, Lori and Adam, and the long suffering fans in St. Petersburg, Ray wins the award for Rays mania!!

Dean had an absolutely wonderful time, as he checked off another bucket list item...It is the 3rd one in this year...We saw a Yankees vs. Red Sox game in Fenway Park....we went to the College World Series in Omaha, and now he actually got to the World Series....Thank You Tampa Bay Rays...... HOOOO RAYS!!!

1 comment:

Beth Laster Photography said...

Hi Andie--

I doubt you will remember me, my family and I lived in St Pete in 2000-2001 as my husband was the youth minister at North East Park and we immediately fell in love with Adam and Lori! I found your blog off Lori's and when I saw your post about the Rays I had to comment! I told Lori every time we watch a Rays game we scan the crowd looking for them! I knew they had to be there somewhere! I hope things are wonderful with you. Here's hoping the Rays can come back and win it all!!! Go RAYS!!

Beth Laster