Thursday, November 13, 2008

God's Smallest Heroes

Leave it to Him, right in the middle of me..me..me, He places another of His children in my heart...another one, who makes me question the world's climate of hate, when do we change, what will it take? He places another story in my life, that again makes all of my petty concerns pale in comparison.

I want to introduce you to a beautiful little girl, Jakeria. Like our new President, her mother is white and her father is black. She lives within walking distance of the school... her mother has a job at Applebee's and her dad is in the service of his country in Iraq.

I just met Jakeria last week, because she has not been in school for the past 6 weeks. She was the victim of a brick hurled in hate, by a 14 year old boy who took great exception to her heritage.... you see, racism exists, even in black communities.

This little 8 year old hero needs our prayers, as well as the boy who threw that brick. She has forgiven him....she told me, so...so shall I. She says that God has plans for her...she had a dream, and Jesus told her so! I believe that is true...but that doesn't stop my heart from cracking in two, as I sit quietly with her, waiting for her mother to come pick her up, because the headache has become too great to bear. You see, the brick hit Jakeria in the back of her head, which required hours of brain surgery to save her little life.

I continue to pray for our littlest heroes...the smallest of God's children, as they must walk through this hate filled world..and I praise His glorious grace, as He places us in the midst of it, to bring His love to His heroes.

No comments: