Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Car

Well, we just bought a new car...It is a Toyota Highlander. It is supposed to get really good mileage, and it has great goodies! I was a little guilty over not buying American, but if the "Big Three" don't join the rest of our country, and get some bailout money, their warranties might not be the best!!

Speaking of bailout money...I have an idea where I would like some of mine spent. Daddy still owes about $1,500 to the VA for a loan taken out in the 70's. Since he has turned 90, and brings in about 600 a month from SS, and no longer works in the nursery business....well, I just thought that the government could use some of my bailout contribution, or Margaret's or Mim's...in that original 700 billion we each contributed $450,000....I think they could just send a mere $1,500 to The VA to forgive a WWII veteran's business loan...what do you think??

Anyway..back to the new car..Friends...I DO NOT have to locate my keys in the bottom of my purse anymore. Really...I just have to have them in my purse...reach out, grab the handle and unlock and open the door...that simple..NO KEYS..then, I put my foot on the brake (I am having the hardest time remembering that step!!)...and push a button on the dash..NO KEYS... when I get to where I am going, I push the same button to turn off the car, get out, close the door, and push a button on the door, and all the doors lock...NO KEYS... Wow! I will never have to dig in my purse for my car keys again...Of course, I WILL have to remember to put my "thingie that is not a key" in any other purse that I might carry...or my pocket....Ain't Technology Grand??? Ain't...according to our third graders..that is a proper contraction for the two words "A Not"...I hope I used it properly!!

1 comment:

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Congrats! I loved the Highlanders when they came out... Enjoy it:)