Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Angels Part 3


I am going to end my "angel" series talking about one of Dean's and my earthly angels. We have 4, you know, Ruthie, Rusty, Philip Dean"Flip", and Ellie, our grandchildren. We share these "grand" angels with Gwen and Joe, and Phil and Susan. I also want to share a little something about 3 angels from above.

This weekend, Ruthie competes in her very first competitive gymnastics meet. We got a sneak peek this weekend, as she showed some "moves" on the front yard. When she set that jaw and pushed those lips tightly together...I could see Adam standing up at the plate, getting ready for the pitch. Thankfully, when she began her routine, I could see Lori's beauty and grace. Don't get me wrong...anyone who has seen Adam's Olympic "dismount" will say "it is a thing of beauty " :)

So after years of hard work and practice and the recent recovery from a stress fracture...our little earthly angel is taking center stage.

Now, here is my take on our angels above. I believe that God lets them take a break every once in awhile and lets them take in an earthly show..Well, I know at least three that will be taking a jaunt over to Daytona for a beginning gymnastics meet.

First, my mama, Grandma Frances Hall, who left us 13 years ago in October. I believe her "steady" job is protecting the travelers... she did that while she was on the earth...she wanted to know whenever we were on the road or in the air...so she could concentrate her prayers at that particular time. I believe her most noted success was getting Adam all the way from Auburn to Eustis, by himself, in the dark!!

Next, two years later in May, we said goodbye to Uncle Rusty. I believe his "steady" job is being able to speedily and with great strength, get to the emergency situations and cushion the blows. I know that an angel was there to cushion Flip's fall from the front stoop; and one was there to guard Ruthie on the seawall until Lori could get there...A couple of Rusty's assignments?

And lastly, Dean's dad, PaPa. His steady job has got to be flying with those pilots in Iraq, Afghanistan, and anywhere else that young men are in the air facing great peril... He literally has his own "wings", and doesn't have to worry about anymore crash landings! Dad left us two years ago, this weekend. Coincidence?? No, I don't believe so...10 years ago, December, after heart surgery, he made his way from the floor above to hold his new great-granddaughter, Ruthie. So, this weekend, he will "pilot" the others coming from above, to watch one of their earthly angels "strut her stuff"!!

So, do angels get to sometimes call their own assignments?? Does God let them come back and visit and cheer at a gymnastics meet?? Did our God create this entire cosmos?? Did he hang the stars?? Does He love us that much?? I know what I believe...

No comments: